This project is read-only.

Integrating with existing mvc application

Mar 7, 2013 at 3:47 PM
I am developing an MVC4 public facing website which should have a blog, I didn't want to develop one from scratch so I thought to go with this one.

Herein lies the problem: I have to integrate this into the site I am building, I can't have a random link sending the user off to a separate blog site as I have to display sections from the blog on my original site e.g. blog roll etc.

I thought about using Areas and putting this application in an area but I was interested in knowing if there is a better way to do this or caveats that i need to be aware of etc.

Thanks for all the help :)
Coordinator
Mar 10, 2013 at 3:42 PM
ObiOne86 wrote:
I am developing an MVC4 public facing website which should have a blog, I didn't want to develop one from scratch so I thought to go with this one.

Herein lies the problem: I have to integrate this into the site I am building, I can't have a random link sending the user off to a separate blog site as I have to display sections from the blog on my original site e.g. blog roll etc.

I thought about using Areas and putting this application in an area but I was interested in knowing if there is a better way to do this or caveats that i need to be aware of etc.

Thanks for all the help :)
Areas may work, have not tried it so far. Will consider this scenario in future releases :)